What to do if hard disk drive can't be recognized？
Go to main menu--advanced--storage and check if there is hard drive and its status is normal.
If DVR or NVR can't recognize HDD, we can try methods below.
1. If hard drive is not from us, please make sure your hard drive meets all requirements below.:
The type should be SATA. SATA2(3GB/s) or SATA3（6GB/s）is recommened;
We recommend 5400 RPM;
The capacity should be more than 500G or equal to recorder's maximum capacity.
Please make sure your hard drive is for surveillance use, not for PC use.
2. Open the cover of DVR/NVR. Uninstall and install HDD for several times or remove the hard drive to check whether the internal wiring is connected to the DVR/NVR.
3. Install hard drive and put hard drive close to your ear to check if you can hear some noise. One hour later, use hand to touch hard drive to check if it is warm. If you can not hear any sound and surface of hard drive is not warm, it can prove hard drive is not even powered up. Please share us result.
4. Unplug DVR or NVR from power and plug again.
5. restore DVR or NVR to factory setting.
5. Change an adapter of DVR.
6. Try a spare DVR or HDD if you have.